Last updated: February 15, 2021
We collect information you give to us and information we get from your use of our Site, as more fully described below. We refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
Personally Identifiable Information
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, company name, role in the company, phone number, billing address, residential address and business address.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain and improve the Site and to promote the mission of Making Waves Foundation. This use includes:
- To present the Site to you and to customize, improve and develop content and functionality that helps us better serve your needs;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Site;
- To facilitate communication between Making Waves Foundation and you;
- To connect you to events and organizers;
- To send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you, such as news about our mission, programs and services;
- To solicit for donations;
- To generate statistical information about how users interact with the Site and conduct analyses to support, improve and enhance the Site;
- To protect the safety, security and legal rights of other users of the Site;
- To prevent, detect and investigate prohibited or illegal activities, such as claims of copyright infringement and security breaches;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information to us or to which you consent.
Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Making Waves Foundation unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- For legal reasons.
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Making Waves Foundation if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Making Waves Foundation, our supporters or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of the Site or support for Making Waves Foundation.
Credit Card Information
Making Waves Foundation does not process your credit card information. Instead, Making Waves Foundation has entered into an agreement with ProPay, Inc., a third-party payment processing service used by our fundraising platform Click & Pledge, Inc., to collect, store, process, and transmit your credit card data when you make a donation to us. ProPay, Inc. certifies as adhering to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. Making Waves Foundation may transfer personal information to Click & Pledge, Inc. and to ProPay, Inc. for the purpose of facilitating the transaction.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you do not wish to receive email communications from Making Waves Foundation, you can use the links provided in each email communication to opt out of any future communications. Or if you no longer wish you receive mailings or telephone calls from us, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Consumer Rights Information
California Civil Code section 1798.83 law permits residents of California to opt-out of disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to our contact address below or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We honor all such opt-out requests and it is our policy not to share personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes where you have submitted such a request. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, we are required to provide California residents with the following specific consumer rights information:
- The Services are owned and/or operated by Making Waves Foundation, 3045 Research Drive, Richmond, CA 94806
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, the Site is provided without charge.
- To file a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please send a letter to Making Waves Foundation (3045 Research Drive, Richmond, CA 94806) or contact us via email at email@example.com. You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at 916.445.1254 or 800.952.5210.