For our more than 500 Wave-Maker alumni, our alumni team provides guidance on career paths, post-graduate education, finances, and other life skills, and helps to facilitate an active alumni network.
Resources and Opportunities
We provide resources, opportunities, and networking for career exploration, career exposure, and career experience, while empowering Wave-Makers to have agency in their career development. Reach out to our alumni team at email@example.com for support on topics such as: the job search process, resumes and cover letters, mock interviews, graduate school admissions process, networking, and more.
I Am a Wave-Maker Conference
Recordings from this year’s conference are now available on the I Am a Wave-Maker Conference: Building Your Story Through Design and Purpose webpage.
Wave-Maker Mentorship Program
This year, our Career and Alumni team worked with the CAP Alumni Advisory Alumni Council to define Wave-Maker Mentorship in preparation for the launch of our pilot program this fall. Wave-Maker Mentorship is a partnership between Wave-Makers where insights and experiences are exchanged to develop opportunities for connection and community.
Mentors and mentees will work together through each of the following key components, which are meant to guide the relationship:
- Safe space: Mentors and mentees will create a safe space to foster the mentor and mentee relationship, creating authentic connections and building community through trust, non-judgement, respect, confidentiality, and unconditional acceptance.
- Empowerment: Mentors and mentees will have the agency to set clear goals for their interactions, which will be used to encourage one another and provide an exchange of information and tools to support in achieving results.
- Exposure: Mentors and mentees will partner with one another to develop more ways for mentees to get exposure to opportunities aligned with personal and professional interests, while amplifying and growing the Wave-Maker network.
- Continuous learning: Mentors and mentees will be open and committed to engaging in conversations with one another that allows them to learn and grow from different experiences and perspectives to be able to make informed decisions.
Are you interested in learning more and becoming a mentor? Submit our Wave-Maker Mentorship interest form and we will reach out to you with more information!
Alumni Advisory Council
The CAP Alumni Advisory Council is committed to cultivating transformational relationships that support our current students and alumni in fostering personal and professional development through mentorship, connection, and community building. The vision of CAP’s Alumni Advisory Council is to have a diverse and inclusive group of alumni who represent the Wave-Maker voice and are committed to recycling success and promoting life-long engagement.
Alumni Advisory Council Leads
Stay connected with Making Waves and join our Wave-Maker community online by following our social media accounts and signing up for our newsletter.
- Wave-Maker Network on Instagram
- Making Waves Foundation on Instagram
- Making Waves Foundation on Facebook
- Making Waves Foundation on LinkedIn
- Making Waves Foundation on Twitter
- Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Alumni interested in resources or opportunities as well as companies or partners with internship or career opportunities are welcome to contact the alumni team at firstname.lastname@example.org.