Navigating College Life
- Mapping a path to timely graduation
- Navigating the rigor and demand of college level courses
- Studying, class participation, projects, exams, etc.
- Deciding on a major
- Exploring career options
- Professional networking
- Pursuing internships, jobs, and graduate school
- Preparing for applications – resume, interviewing, etc.
- Developing a “home away from home”
- Building new relationships
- Getting connected on campus
- Navigating relationships and life happenings with friends, family, coaches, professors, mentors, etc.
- Creating a college budget
- Managing scholarships and loans
- Managing day-to-day scholarship payments
- Establishing practices and routines that support balance, bring joy, and facilitate physical and emotional health
ABOUT MAKING WAVES EDUCATION FOUNDATION
At Making Waves, we are committed to educational equity. Making Waves Education Foundation is a Bay Area nonprofit that supports Making Waves Academy – a public charter school with more than 1,100 5th through 12th grade students – and leads college and career programming with more than 500 college students.
Knowing the opportunities that come with a college degree, we partner with historically underrepresented and underserved students to help make college affordable and graduation attainable. Centering the journeys of our students, our personalized approach includes college and career coaching, scholarships, and financial planning.
Our alumni network includes more than 600 college graduates, who earn their degrees and land jobs at more than twice the rate of their first-generation, low-income peers, with 84% graduating debt-free.
More College and Career Resources
Ten Tips to Help You Ace the Interview
April 7, 2023
So, You Didn’t Get the Internship. Now What?
February 22, 2023