A college degree positively changes the trajectory of students, their families, and their communities.
Wave-Maker students at Making Waves Academy
Wave-Maker college students
Wave-Maker college graduates
College Success Impact
With a unique focus on college attendance and college graduation, Making Waves Foundation provides educational opportunities for historically underrepresented and underserved students in pursuing their dreams. Making Waves Foundation leads a college success program, known as the College and Alumni Program, or CAP, that supports predominately first-generation college students with coaching, scholarships, financial literacy, career support, and more.
Students have tremendous talents and skills and are capable of achieving their college, career, and life goals. We believe providing students with opportunities and guidance ensures they are equipped to overcome systemic barriers, live choice-filled lives, and achieve these goals.
2021-2022 Fast Facts
- 575 Wave-Makers in college
- 89% are first-generation college students
- 71% are eligible for Federal Pell Grants
- 93 Wave-Makers graduated from college in 2021-22
- 71% 6-year graduation rate for bachelor’s degree students – more than twice the rate of their national peers
- 84% graduated debt-free and the average debt was only $977 per student
- 57% of Wave-Makers obtained a full-time job or began graduate school within a year of completing their undergraduate degree – more than double the rate of their national peers
2021-2022 Making Waves Foundation Impact Report
Making Waves Academy Impact
Making Waves Academy is a public charter school in Richmond, California, serving predominately students from socioeconomically disadvantaged households. Making Waves Foundation supports Making Waves Academy as their facilities provider and with intellectual resources, as well as support for college access and community building activities. Graduates from Making Waves Academy have the opportunity to enroll in Making Waves Foundation’s college success program.
2021-2022 Making Waves Academy Impact Report
News and Resources that are Making Waves
December 20, 2022