College & Alumni Program (CAP)
CAP Bay Area
Following an early track record of success serving students from Making Waves Academy, CAP saw the need to serve more low-income students throughout the Bay Area.
Through a competitive application process, Cap Bay Area serves an additional population of low-income high school graduates from the nine Bay Area counties. Through generous contributions from donors, CAP partners with Bay Area schools and community based organizations to grow and refine this pilot program.
- 1:1 College Coaching
- A personal Financial Services Coordinator
- Up to $5,000 of need-based scholarship funding annually (for a maximum of 5 years)
- Professional and peer networking opportunities
Eligible Students Must:
- Graduate from high school
- Gain admission to a 4-year college or university
- Have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) below $5,000 (from the FAFSA)
- Live in one of the nine Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma
Applications for CAP BAY AREA are currently closed. Applications will re-open in the fall of 2018.
Application Opens – October
Outreach and Recruitment – October-December
Application Deadline – December
Semi-Finalist Notification – December
Final Application Deadline – February
CAP Bay Area Wave-Makers Announced – March
College Preparation Workshops – June
If you have questions about the program or application process send an email to the CAP Bay Area team: firstname.lastname@example.org.