College & Alumni Program (CAP)
CAP Bay Area
Following an early track record of success serving students from Making Waves Academy, CAP saw the need to serve more low-income students throughout the Bay Area.
Through a competitive application process, CAP Bay Area serves an additional population of low-income high school graduates from the nine Bay Area counties. Through generous contributions from donors, CAP partners with Bay Area schools and community-based organizations to grow and refine this pilot program.
- 1:1 College Coaching
- A personal Financial Services Coordinator
- Up to $5,000 of need-based scholarship funding annually (for a maximum of 5 years)
- Professional and peer networking opportunities
Eligible Students Must:
- Graduate from high school
- Gain admission to a four-year college or university
- Have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) below $5,000 (from the FAFSA)
- Live in one of the nine Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma
- The application for high school students graduating in 2019 is closed.
- The application for high school students graduating in 2020 will be available in October 2019.
- Application Opens October
- Outreach and Recruitment – October-December
- Application Deadline – December
- Semi-Finalist Notification – December
- Final Application Deadline – February
- CAP Bay Area Wave-Makers Announced – March
- College Preparation Workshops – June
If you have questions about the program or application process send an email to the CAP Bay Area team: email@example.com.