Need-based college scholarships and coaching
Need help paying for college? You could earn up to $20,000 in scholarships!
At Making Waves Education Foundation, we partner with students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation college students, and people of color so college is affordable and graduation is attainable. We are supporting San Francisco Bay Area students from low-income backgrounds through a new need-based scholarship opportunity!
What is the need-based scholarship opportunity?
The Making Waves program is need-based, meaning students must meet the eligibility criteria of being from a low-income background and demonstrate the need for financial assistance.
What other benefits come with the scholarship?
Twenty eligible students will receive up to $20,000 each in scholarship funding for up to five years – and will be enrolled in Making Waves Education Foundation’s college and career success program, which pairs students with college coaches, financial coordinators, and career specialists.
What is the scholarship eligibility and deadline?
NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
- Currently a high school senior
- Attends high school within the nine San Francisco Bay Area counties (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma)
- Plans to attend a not-for-profit four-year college or university within the United States
- Has a maximum Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) of $7,500 as indicated by the FAFSA, California Dream Act application, or equivalent
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE
- There is a multi-step application process and all materials must be submitted by February 26, 2024.
Need help paying for college? Looking for coaching support to reach college graduation? Take the next step!