CAP Bay Area
Following an early track record of success serving students from Making Waves, CAP saw the need and potential to serve even more students throughout the Bay Area. In 2015, we developed what has become the CAP Bay Area program, serving high school graduates from the nine Bay Area counties to and through college. In total, this program has admitted 500 students with more than 100 of these college students having graduated so far. The tremendous accomplishments of these inspiring students will continue to be celebrated in the years to come as we watch and support them through their journey. We currently have more than 300 students enrolled in college from this program with an intended program end date of 2025. These students will continue to take full advantage of the coaching and scholarship support that CAPprovides and participate as lifelong alumni of our community. With its final cohort of 50 freshman heading to college this fall to join their fellow classmates, the community remains vibrant and incredibly supportive of one another.
- 1:1 College Coaching
- A personal Financial Services Coordinator
- Up to $5,000 of need-based scholarship funding annually (for a maximum of 5 years)
- Professional and peer networking opportunities
- Graduated from high school
- Gained admission to a four-year college or university
- Have an Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) below $5,000 (from the FAFSA)
- At the time of application, students were attending high school in one of the nine Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, Sonoma
As part of our new organization-wide strategy, we have set a new direction to focus on Contra Costa County college-bound students. Beyond the students from Making Waves Academy, who we will continue to serve, we have set an operational goal to explore admitting new students from across the county beginning with a pilot program in Pittsburg. With this regional shift, CAP Bay Area is and will remain an integral program for Making Waves, positively supporting the lives of hundreds of young scholars.
If you have questions about the program or application process send an email to the CAP Bay Area team: email@example.com.